Hiding files and folders is one of the issues on the personal computer. Everyone wants privacy on their personal computer and they search for software which will help them to hide their files and folder.
But I have some better solution rather than rendering online for software to hide your files and folders you can use your command prompt to do the same.
And I guarantee that no one can see your files and folders except you.
Follow these simple steps to hide your files and folders using command prompt (CMD):
1. Open your command prompt from
i. Start=> All program => Accessories => Command prompt
ii. Start=> Run => type “CMD” and enter.
2. Now you need to go to the drive where you have saved your folders or files.
i. To enter into drive type drive name follow y colon i.e D:
ii. To enter into folder type ‘cd (space) folder_name’ follow by enter.
iii. To exit from folder just type ‘cd..’ follow by enter.
3. Now to hide folder or file just type the following
“attrib +r(space) +a(space)+s(space)+h (space) folder_name”
follow by enter.
4. Now your folder or file is safe. No one can view these folder or file except you, it’s my guarantee.
Folder after hiding:
5. If you want to view these folder again (I mean if you want to unhide the same folder) then just follow step no 1 and 2 and then type the following
“attrib -r(space) -a(space)-s(space)-h (space) folder_name”
Follow by enter.
And you are done.
Note: Make a note of name of folder and name of drive in which you have save this folder because if you forget the name of folder or drive then you will never get that folder again.
We will be glad to know your review about these tricks.