Hey guys! If you are thinking to create any partition of your hard-drive on computer/laptop, then here I am giving some set of instructions for you. If you are thinking of storing some different data or important data on different drive. It’s a simple process if you would like to follow my instructions.
1. Go to the ‘start-menu’ & right click on ‘Computer’ & click on ‘manage’.
2. The ‘Computer Management’ window will open. In there, you will find ‘Storage’. Under that you will be able to see ‘Disk Management’ thus click on it.
3. Now ‘Disk Management’ window opens, you will see C-drive or another one before C-drive is called ‘system reserved’. Do Not do anything on the ‘system reserved drive’.
4. Ok! Now you could either create partition on ‘C-drive’ or any other available drive. Depending on the space available, you can choose any drive you have. Suppose in my case I am doing partition on E-drive.
5. Right click on the drive you ant to create partition, in my case it is E-drive. Now click on ‘Shrink Volume’. Time for this process is depending upon size of hard-drive.
6. Once the loading is done, a window will pop-up. Here, you have to allocate the size of your new drive or partition, the choice is yours. Under ‘Enter the amount of space to shrink’ you have to allocate the size. Size is supposed to be in ‘Megabytes’ like you want to allocate 10 GB then you enter 10024 Mb.
7. Then click on shrink.
8. After that, you will find a new slot. Usually it is after the drive that you partitioned. The partition drive will how a ‘black bar’. Right click on the drive with black bar, a window should pop-up. Just follow the procedure. Keep clicking ‘Next’ until you find the bit where it says ‘Assign the following drive letter’. You can leave it or you can give any letter you want and then click ‘Next’. On the next window just name the volume and make sure ‘Perform a quick format’ box is checked. Then click ‘Next’ & then ‘Finish’.
9. You can wait for some time & go to my computer & you should see your new drive, ready for you to use.
I hope you have followed my instructions clearly so that no problem exist. If any problem is there please feel free to ask it, I will surely give you best solution.